- Hourly Rate $17-$20
- Background Check Required? Yes
- Drug Test Required? Yes
- Job Available to Applicants Ages 14 & Above? No
The Forest at Duke
2701 Pickett Road Durham NC, 27705
The Assistant Service Manager is responsible for overall service in the Heartwood Cafe, Rosewood Dining Room, Taproot Bar, and special functions. The Assistant Service Manager recruits, selects, and trains team members to ensure understanding of the Dining Services Department’s performance expectations and the conduct expectations of The Forest at Duke. Moreover, while ensuring the smooth operation of the dining venues, the Assistant Service Manager interacts with our residents to ensure customer satisfaction. This position operates within established objectives, standards, policies, and procedures, and assists in the maintenance of sound inter-department relations and the integrating of the Dining Services Department with the facility plan of operation. This position reports directly to the Service Manager.
Qualifications for the Assistant Service Manager position include:
- Minimum two years’ experience leading a service team in a restaurant or hotel setting of 3 star caliber service standards.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of safe, sanitary food handling procedures, preparation methods, merchandising, and supervision.
- Graduate of a Culinary Arts school or extensive prior experience in similar food preparation positions preferred.
- Must have knowledge of special diets and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations regarding food preparation.
- Must be able to maintain positive relationships and interactions with residents and staff while working under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to read, write, and follow oral and written directions in English.
The ideal candidate selected to work in our newly renovated state of the art dining venues must bring with him/her innovation and enthusiasm. Moreover, this person must be a high performer that is results driven, analytical thinker, and a self-starter with the willingness to take on new responsibilities.
Our total rewards package includes: health benefits (medical/dental/vision), flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, 403-B retirement plan, employee assistance program, paid time off, service day program, education and professional development reimbursement, on-site banking, on-site café, and free parking.
The Forest at Duke is committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, disability, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, gender, gender identity or any other class of unique or protected character.